You start out with a homebase where you can build buildings but soon, you'll want to establish new outposts. You can either establish new outposts or capture them from others. Bases cannot overlap with each other. When establishing a new outpost, you must defeat the renegade units that inhabit that area. If you are capturing a new outpost, you must defeat and occupy a base successfully. In either case, you must own enough Base Cores to power each of your bases. These can be gotten through battling or can be purchased with gold. Defeating more units or more powerful units will give you a better chance of getting these items.
You'll want to ultimately build bases towards the middle as there will be higher level resources. Bases are a great staging area for pooling units and attacking enemies close by. You'll have to balance this with establishing bases that harvest resources. Try to establish new outposts so they encompass as many resources as possible.
Please note: When you abandon a base, your Commanders will be returned to your Homebase but any units remaining will be destroyed. Be sure to relocate any units before abandoning a base!
Here are the buildings and what they do:
- Factory: trains units
- Research Lab: Unlocks and upgrades units
- Warehouse: increases resource storage
- Oil Derrick: Harvests oil
- Iron Mine: Harvests iron
- Uranium Drill: Harvests uranium
- Titanium Mine: Harvests titanium
- Refinery: Generates fuel
- Trading Center: Generates money
- Defense Grid: Increases the battle distance and range of siege units
- Command Center: Automatically built at the center of your outposts. Command Centers contribute to how many commanders you can have, protect some of your resources from being stolen, and contribute to how many armies you can deploy out of that outpost.
- Command Center HQ: Automatically built at the center of your home base. Command Center HQs contribute to how many commanders you can have, protect some of your resources from being stolen, and contribute to how many armies you can deploy out of that outpost.
You can construct buildings by tapping on an empty hex in your base and then selecting "build". Buildings can also be upgraded to increase their effectiveness.