1) How is the season score calculated?
For every challenge, we're giving 2 rewards, a boost reward and a rating reward. In general only top 2000 teams get the rewards for a challenge. The teams fall into tiers for the challenge based on their rank.
The rating given to a user depends on his team rank for the challenge. The user gets (max rating for tier - overall team rank) rating for the challenge.
Example: Team ranks 1-3 -> 10000 rating max (tier 1 for the challenge)
Team ranks 4-10-> 8500 rating max (tier 2 for the challenge)
Let’s say there's a team with A,B players and the team rank for the challenge is 5. Then they'll both get 8500-5 = 8495 rating increase. The season rating for the user is sum of all the ratings he gets from each challenge.
The information as to how ratings are calculated is shown to users when he/she clicks any tier for challenge (2nd tab in the consolidated popup).
2) How are they ranked? On what basis are users assigned to a particular tier?
Based on the ratings the users get from challenges, they're given ranks for the season. For season, the user falls into tier based on his rank.
For the current season, Seaside Season the tiers are as follows
tier 1 - COMMODORE - ranks 1-10
tier 2- FIRST MATE - ranks 11-25 and so on
This information shown to users on the tiers for seasons (1st tab in the consolidated popup).
3) How are they rewarded?
There are rewards for each challenge and at the end of season as well.
4) How are season rewards calculated?
At the end of season, users get rewards based on tier in which they belong.
tier 1 - COMMODORE - ranks 1-10 - 30 axe, 50 gold, 240000 cheer
tier 2- FIRST MATE - ranks 11-25 - 15 axe, 25 gold, 200000 cheer and so on
The current season, the first season ends on Oct 20th and they'll get the rewards after that.
5) Why is the season score different for the team mates?
There can be 2 reasons.
1. For each challenge the users can form different teams. The rating that's shown is the sum of ratings that a user has got from all challenges in the season. The current team members may not be the team members for all the challenges
2. We give the rating reward for the current challenge, when the challenge is going on as well and not just at the end of the challenge. During the challenge the ratings for the users can increase/decrease based the performance of all other teams. For the users who're playing the game the ratings get updated based on their team rank immediately. For the users who're offline the ratings get updated when they launch the game. At the end of challenge all the users in the team get the same rating.
6) Why is that user's move higher and lower in the tiers? Why does user's season score keep changing during the challenge?
We give the rating reward for the current challenge, when the challenge is going on as well and not just at the end of the challenge. During the challenge the ratings for the users can increase/decrease based the performance of all other teams. Based on the ratings user's rank for the season changes and will move up/down the tiers.
7) Why don't user's get they get the rewards that they are promised. (The tier that they are assigned to). When will I receive the season rewards?
Season rewards are credited at the conclusion of each season.